Friday 8 May 2009

A NEW Envelope!

LoveFilm have re-designed their envelopes, and are now much easier to open and send back. As always, I have plenty of pictures to demonstrate (though they're now links to images in order to save space).

First of all, the size. The new one is about half a centimetre bigger than the old one. You can just about see it on this photo.

The big new thing is the method of opening. Before, if you recall, you open them by tearing along a perforated edge. This doesn't always work. Now, there's a tear strip you peel off. Here is before tearing and here it is during tearing (yes that is my thumb).

What I didn't take a photo of is the way the advert folds out, though it's almost identical to the old method. What is new, is that the advert is torn off along a crease which is NOT perforated. Though this doesn't really matter due to the new way of sealing the envelope.

The old envelope was sealed by folding over a tiny strip which had glue on. I always felt that it never really worked well. Now, however, they use a more envelope like approach in terms of shape. This is the new shape of the return part of the envelope. Here is the direction it folds in note that the new envelope is sealed on the non-Address side, unlike the old one.

Finally, the bit that says you can return X in 1 envelope (X being whatever lovefilm feels like I think) is now located with the "faulty?" box on the front of the return envelope. See this image for a close up.

Yesterday, I reported that LoveFilm had got confused again with the sending of my next Eureka Seven volume, well that got dispatched today, so I will hopefully get that tomorrow ready for the weekend.

As always, I shall keep you posted on all things LoveFilm related. Incidentally, take a look at their "exclusive" clip of Coraline here. That's another film I need to go out and watch!

2 comments:

  1. These new envelopes are awful. They are too complicated, and the sticky is the thinnest, stingiest piece of gum I've ever seen.

    There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old ones, and I bet they were cheaper to manufacture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree these new envelopes are not working. I never torn one before and I've torn the last two, so have no spare ones left :(

    ReplyDelete