Sunday 22 March 2009

An E-Mail to Lovefilm

I just finished sending an e-mail to Lovefilm about a couple of things. Here it is for your viewing plesiere.

Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all, thanks for providing such a great service. I never expected that it would be so easy to use the Lovefilm service, but I was proven wrong.

I would like to make a couple of suggestions you could possibly implement on the website.

First of all, I am a big fan of Japanese anime. The various series' in this genre are released in multiple volumes (for example, a 14 episode series like "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" is released in 4 separate volumes). When searching for a series, the volumes are usually listed separately as normal DVDs. However, what I am suggesting is that series' like the above are grouped together like multi-disc titles so that users can rent the volumes in order with one click instead of renting each individual volume separately when they finish the previous one. This would also clean up search results as there would only be one listing for a series instead of several.
My other idea is concerning the search feature on the site. Currently, the search facility of the website only searches titles, actors and directors. An idea I had would be to have the publishers of the titles searchable. Again, this would benefit anime fans such as myself, as it would allow me to browse publishers catalogues to find new titles for me to rent. This would be better than simply browsing an "anime" section as some titles I've noticed are put under "world cinema" and not "anime" (and the other way around) as well as some publishers only dealing in types of anime I'm not overly fond of.
But it's not just anime fans this would benefit. There are other publishers out there who only deal in certain types of film.

I apologise for the ominous wall of text, but I hope you consider my ideas.

Thank you for your time.


So what do you think? I'm not sure if they'll take me seriously from mentioning anime a lot, but it's worth a shot. Who knows, they might actually implement it!

All 4 discs have been sent back, I will find out which two I'm getting next tomorrow probably and, if the post is good, I'll get them on Tuesday. I'll probably see you then. If I remember, I'll post step-by-step "how to open Lovefilm envelopes" guide!

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment