Wednesday 4 March 2009

It begins....

Hello everyone. I'm Peter and I signed up to Lovefilm UK on 4th March 2009. Before I begin, I want to make one thing straight: I am not paid to make this, I am a legit customer.

The other day, I was at an anime club which I go to every month. This time, the main guy was giving out some cards that allowed people to get 2 months free trial if they entered the code on said card. I picked one up and thought I might give it a go.

Before I signed up, I went round the internet looking at people's experiences with the company. Some said they loved it, some said they hated it. There were arguments contradicting each other all over the place. I looked at their selection of films (especially their anime section) and I decided to sign up. Of course, after searching the internet like mad for people's opinions, I thought I might make a plain and easy to understand blog so I can share my experiences with the world to help them make the right choice when it comes to Lovefilm.

I won't bother the boring details of the signup process as that was simple enough (only took about 5 minutes). Look out for the next post detailing how you select titles.

EDIT: FYI, I took the movies only option so no games rentals for me, though I may change in the future.

EDIT 2: Also FYI, I took the most popular choice of "unlimited rentals - two discs at home at any one time" package for £12.72 per month (obviously paid attention to the VAT change)

No comments:

Post a Comment